The Access East Quality program focuses on three broad areas:
- Medical Practice Support, including patient-centered medical home (PCMH) training and support
- Data Analytics
- Quality Improvement (QI)
Access East supports and promotes the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model of care. Our Quality Improvement (QI) team is dedicated to helping primary-care medical practices coordinate and manage their NC Medicaid and Health Choice patients’ care in a PCMH setting, to improve patient outcomes while controlling healthcare costs.
Access East QI Practice Support is built around three major components:
Medical Practice Support
Our QI Practice Support Team partners with regional AHECs (Area Health Education Centers) to support the state AHEC system’s work with medical practices. The Access East QI team also provides consultation and training in several practice-redesign areas, including:
- Patient-satisfaction assessment and improvement
- Clinical pharmacist consultation
- Reducing non-emergency patient hospital ED use, and inpatient readmission
- Implementing team-based care
- Addressing workflow challenges
- QMAF, or quality measures and feedback, supplied to practices toward improving both quality and cost of care for Medicaid recipients
Our QI Practice Support Team provides:
- Practice-specific data from Medicaid claims, chart reviews, and other sources to help medical practices identify needs and target areas for improvement
- Performance-measurement and feedback to help promote a practice’s continuous quality improvement
- Data to promote population-management strategies targeting those patients most likely to benefit
QI (Quality Improvement)
Our ongoing work in reviewing and monitoring our own case-management documentation and care-processes, which we do in order to provide better, more efficient, more cost-effective care.
Among the ways our QI Practice Support helps practices achieve high-quality, cost-effective, patient-centered care is by linking them to our Access East Medicaid Care Management teams.
Meet the Access East Quality Team here.